Followers

Friday, August 24, 2007

One Rug, Two Rug ...




After careful consideration and of course several tries at rug braiding, I had found that it was easier for me to crochet a rug or two. A trip to the store, sifting out colors and textures, then decissions. I chose a cotton blend material, purchasing about 25 yards total for each rug made. The family helped me tear 1 inch strips as well as put a never ending hem in each set of colors to make a pattern. Once that was done, I began to crochet the strips using a single crochet stitch. You can see how they came out in the pictures. Both have been washed and they held up wonderfully. I am already planning on making a blue patterned rug. I know the pattern is vague but I hope it has been helpful. It actually is really simple.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Is there no end to your crafting ability? I am truly in awe.

Flametide said...

Thank you I do try... Gayle